The BlueSMiRF Silver is the latest Bluetooth wireless serial cable replacement from SparkFun Electronics! This version of the popular BlueSMiRF uses the RN-42 module which has a bit less range than the RN-41 module used in the BlueSMiRF Gold. These modems work as a serial (RX/TX) pipe. Any serial stream from 2400 to 115200bps can be passed seamlessly from your computer to your target.
The remote unit can be powered from 3.3V up to 6V for easy battery attachment. All signal pins on the remote unit are 3V-6V tolerant. No level shifting is required. **Do not** attach this device directly to a serial port. You will need an [RS232 to TTL converter circuit](http://www.sparkfun.com/products/449) if you need to attach this to a computer.
Unit comes without a connector. Please see related male and female pins below.
* v6.15 Firmware
* FCC Approved Class 2 Bluetooth Radio Modem
* Extremely small radio - 0.15x0.6x1.9"
* Very robust link both in integrity and transmission distance (18m)
* Hardy frequency hopping scheme - operates in harsh RF environments like WiFi, 802.11g, and Zigbee
* Encrypted connection
* Frequency: 2.402~2.480 GHz
* Operating Voltage: 3.3V-6V
* Serial communications: 2400-115200bps
* Operating Temperature: -40 ~ +70C
* Built-in antenna
* [AT Command Set v6.15](http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/Bluetooth/bluetooth_cr_UG-v1.0r.pdf) (http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/RF/RN_BlueportII-ref-guide.pdf)
* [RN-42 Datasheet](http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/Bluetooth/Bluetooth-RN-42-DS.pdf)
* [Hookup Guide](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/using-the-bluesmirf/introduction)
* [Basic Windows Remote Arduino](https://www.hackster.io/windowsiot/basic-windows-remote-arduino)
* [Bluetooth Primer](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/bluetooth-basics)
Shipping and delivery Information
Estimated delivery times range from 1 to 3 weeks, depending on your location, the product ordered and stock availability. External factors such as courier network disruptions can also impact delivery timelines. PuriLite strives to ship your purchase in the shortest possible time using industry standard courier services.
For any questions related to shipping and delivery, please call 1-844-787-5483, email us at email@example.com or chat with us by clicking on the chat icon at the bottom right of this page.