The explosion proof LED light fixture features multiple LED drivers which helps to increase the operational life of the fixture. With traditional LED lights, in the event an LED array or driver fails, the entire fixture no longer illuminates. This new series of LED lamps contains forty-eight individual LED boards configured in a series of banks. Each bank contains two LED boards with an individual driver. In the event of a driver failure, only one bank of LEDs will be effected while the other banks will continue to operate. In the event that of an LED failure, the mating LED will continue to operate.
Unlike gas burning and arc type lamps that have glass bulbs, LEDs have no filaments or fragile housings to break during operation. Instead of heating a small filament or using a combination of gases to produce light, light emitting diodes (LEDs) use semi-conductive materials that illuminate when electric current applied and emitting light. With LED lights, there is no warm up time or cool down time before re-striking and provide instant illumination when powered on, adding to the reliability of LED technology. By nature, LED light sources run significantly cooler than traditional lamps, reducing the chance of accidental burns and increased temperatures due to heat emissions. This solid state design of light emitting diodes provides a more reliable, stable, durable, and energy efficient light source over traditional lighting.
Beam Angles: When used as a fixed mount fixture, the varying beam angles need to be mounted at certain heights in order to achieve the greatest coverage and efficiency in both high bay and low bay lighting situations. The 60° beam should be mounted in high bay fixtures over 25` in height and 25` away from objects if used as a wall mounted light. The 125° beam is ideal for low bay fixtures in a height range of 15-25 feet and the same distance away from objects when the wall mounting option is employed. The 140° beam is best used as a low bay fixture in areas with a ceiling height of 15` or less or for illuminating objects up to 15` away when wall mounted.
This light is universal voltage capable and can be operated with 100-277 VAC, 50/60Hz. We also offer a low voltage version of this LED fixture that operates on AC/DC voltages from 11-25 Volts. This explosion proof LED light fixture is IP67 rated, dust-proof, and protected against high pressure jets and temporary submersion. The cast aluminum body and LED lamp give this light excellent durability and resistance to vibration and impacts. The housing is specially designed to dissipate heat which increases the efficiency and lifespan of the LEDs and electronics.
|Click Photos to Enlarge
|60° Beam Angle
||125° Beam Angle Plug
||140° Beam Angle Plug
This LED light produces 70,000 lumens with a color temperature of 5000K standard and a color rendering index of 75 which produces colors and details much more accurately than high pressure sodium or mercury vapor luminaries. We also offer a 3000K warm white and 4000K natural white color temperature options (longer lead times may apply for non-standard temperatures). The EPL-HB-4X150LED-RT-140DB offers several mounting options including ceiling mounting, pendant mounting, wall mounting and cable mounting. The standard version of this explosion proof LED fixture includes a pendant mount and a surface mount option.
|Energy Consumption Comparison
|Amp Draw @ 120V AC
|Amp Draw @ 220V AC
|Amp Draw @ 240V AC
|Amp Draw @ 277V AC
|Amp Draw @ 12V DC
|Amp Draw @ 24V DC
|Lamp Life Expectancy
|Operation cost per year
(12hs/day @ 12c/kWh)
|Each LED light fixture has the potential to save $500.00+ per year in electricity alone, not including maintenance costs, operational downtime, reduced productivity, HVAC loads, or carbon footprint. When retrofitting an entire facility with 100s of light fixtures, the return on investment of LED over metal halide becomes evident.
|High Quality Features
||Superior LED Benefits
1. Low power consumption.
2. Instant on/off operation.
3. Fixture constructed of extruded corrosion resistant copper free aluminum alloy.
4. Superior color rendering compared to HPS, LPS, MH.
5. Retains 80% lumen output after 60,000 operating hours.
6. Powder coated aluminum fixture body.
7. Pendant and Swivel Bracket mount included
8. Low profile - Light weight
9. 70,000 Lumen output from only 600 watts
10. Multiple LED Driver Banks for Redundancy
11. Paint Spray Booth Approved
1. 60,000 hour lifespan.
2. Can SAVE 50% or more on energy.
3. Qualifies retrofit projects for financial incentives, including utility rebates, tax credits and energy loan programs.
4. Reduces energy use and prolongs life-spans of peripheral cooling units (A/C, refrigeration)
5. 100% recyclable.
6. No toxins-lead, mercury.
7. No UV light, infrared radiation or CO2 emissions.
8. Qualifies buildings for LED and other sustainable business certifications.
9. Bright, even light maintains consistent color over time.
10. Instant on/off €“ No flickering, delays or buzzing.
11. Very good color rendering.
12. Vibration/impact resistant.
13. Significantly cooler operation.
14. Less frequent outages, higher output improves workplace safety.