The EPLX-PM-60W-RD2-LED-TRC-100 Explosion Proof LED Light from Larson Electronics is a portable, powerful unit that is built to withstand demanding conditions. This luminary features cutting-edge AC LEDs paired with specially designed heat sinks for improved efficiency, thermal management and durability. Available in 5000K cool white and 3000K warm white options, a 110° flood beam provides crisp and bright illumination with broad coverage. This heavy duty Class I Division 1, Class II Division 1 LED lamp is mounted on a sturdy, non-sparking aluminum base that can easily be transported around the hazardous location.
The EPLX-PM-60W-RD2-LED-TRC-100 delivers brilliant illumination and robust performance in a convenient A-frame build. A 110° wide flood beam provides crisp, bright light with broad coverage. This 60-watt unit is listed for use in the United States and Canada and carries IEC Ex and ATEX certifications. Options for voltage includes: 120V AC, 208V AC, 220V AC or 240V AC.
The explosion proof light utilizes AC LEDs paired with a heavy-duty housing and an advanced heat sink that allows for improved efficiency and thermal performance. By eliminating the drivers associated with DC LEDs, space is freed up for more connective surface, accelerating heat dissipation and increasing durability. The specially designed heat sink allows for greater surface area contact with the air as well as a stronger airflow rate. Because this fixture is created for maximum thermal efficiency, it is ideal for applications in which the ambient operating temperature falls into extreme ranges, especially high heat applications. Furthermore, fewer sub-components also means less chances of secondary component failure. The simplified circuit system used within AC LEDs creates greater stability and enhances luminaire lifespan.
The EPLX-PM-60W-RD2-LED-TRC-100 is designed to endure the daily wear and tear inflicted by harsh outdoor conditions such as sun, wind, rain, snow and sleet. as well as to withstand the corrosive effects of saltwater spray in marine environments. Durable IP68 rated construction provides protection against the ingress of dust, dirt and humidity and allows this light to withstand the corrosive elements found within marine environments including saltwater spray.
LED Benefits: Unlike gas burning and arc type lamps that have glass bulbs, LEDs have no filaments or fragile housings to break during operation and/or transportation. Instead of heating a small filament or using a combination of gases to produce light, light emitting diodes (LEDs) use semi-conductive materials that illuminate when electric current is applied, providing instant illumination with no warm up or cool down time before re-striking. Because there is no warm up period, this light can be cycled on and off with no reduction in lamp life.
LED lights run at significantly cooler temperatures than traditional metal halide and high pressure sodium lights and contain no harmful gases, vapors, or mercury, making them both safer and more energy efficient. No extra energy is wasted in cooling enclosed work areas due to external heat emissions from bulb type lights, and the operator risks associated with traditional lighting methods, such as accidental burns and exposure to hazardous substances contained in the glass bulbs, are eliminated. Solid state LED lighting is also safer for the environment as LEDs are 100% recyclable. And recycling simultaneously reduces operating costs by eliminating the need for the expensive special disposal services required with traditional gas burning and arc type lamps.
Mounting: This portable LED light is mounted on an A-frame style aluminum base. The portable base stand is fabricated from non-sparking aluminum with a convenient carrying handle built into the top of the stand. The aluminum A-frame is powder coated with glossy blue finish for corrosion resistances and aesthetics. The lamp can be easily adjusted up or down 90 degrees and locked into position by simply loosening the two hand screws located on either side of the light head and retightening them once the desired angle is found.
Wiring/Plug: This explosion proof light is equipped with 100 feet of 16/3 chemical and abrasion resistant SOOW cord that is fitted with an explosion proof cord cap for easy connection to explosion proof outlets. Plug options include a 5-15 15 amp straight blade plug for use with 120V explosion proof outlets, a 5-20 20 amp straight blade plug for use with 120V explosion proof outlets, or a 6-20 20 amp straight blade plug for use with 220-240V explosion proof outlets.
Applications: Oil refineries, petrochemical plants, painting facilities, offshore rigs, marinas, docks, warehouses, garages, commercial buildings and more.
|Click Photos to Enlarge
|5-15 Straight Blade Plug
|5-20 Straight Blade Plug
|6-20 Straight Blade Plug
|High Quality Features
|Superior LED Benefits
1. Each unit dialectically tested.
2. Low power consumption.
3. Instant on/off operation.
4. Fixture constructed of die-cast,corrosion resistant, copper free aluminum alloy.
5. No ballast box. No ballast to replace.
6. Superior color rendering compared to HPS, LPS, MH.
7. Retains 80% lumen output after 100,000 operating hours.
8.Exterior coating rejects dust and buildup.
9. Available in voltages: 120V AC, 208V AC, 220V AC or 240V AC
10. Highly efficient thermal dissipation.
11. Fewer secondary components adds durability and longevity
12. Lighter weight, slimmer, brighter alternative to fluorescent configurations.
13. Explosion Proof / Flame Proof US, CAN, ATEX, IECEx; Rated for use in the United States and Canada
1. 60,000 hour lifespan.
2. Can SAVE 50% or more on energy.
3. Qualifies retrofit projects for financial incentives, including utility rebates, tax credits and energy loan programs.
4. Reduces energy use and prolongs life-spans of peripheral cooling units (A/C, refrigeration)
5. 100% recyclable.
6. No toxins-lead, mercury.
7. No UV light, infrared radiation or CO2 emissions.
8. Qualifies buildings for LED and other sustainable business certifications.
9. Bright, even light maintains consistent color over time.
10. Instant on/off - No flickering, delays or buzzing.
11. Very good color rendering.
12. Vibration/impact resistant.
13. Significantly cooler operation.
14. Less frequent outages, higher output improves workplace safety.