Made in the USA
The Larson Electronics HAL-48-3L-LED-BMSW Hazardous Area LED Light Fixture is NRTL Listed for United States and Canada Class I Division 2 Groups A, B, C and D - NRTL Certified to UL 1598A listed, has a T4A temperature rating and ideal for hazardous locations where flammable chemical/petrochemical vapors may be occasionally encountered.
The HAL-48-3L-LED-BMSW fixture is a 4 foot long,Â 3 lamp, Class I Division 2 Groups A, B, C and D hazardous area LED light that takes the reliability and efficiency of a fluorescent fixture and adds even longer lamp life and efficiency with high output LEDs. This fixture is T4A temperature rated and comes standard with three of our high power 28 watt LED lamps. The lamps are protected by a powder coated aluminum frame and shatter and heat resistant clear acrylic lens secured with ten zinc coated steel draw latches.
The fixture is constructed of copper free aluminum alloy and powder coated. The lamp reflector is corrosion resistant heavy gauge aluminum and coated with a high gloss reflective finish. This fixture can be configured to run on 120 to 277VAC as well as 12-24V AC/DC and is NRTL Certified to UL 844 and UL 1598A Marine Type approved for use in marine environments. The HAL-48-3L-LED-BMSW is weatherproof and provides operators in hazardous locations with a highly efficient, reliable and affordable lighting solution for open areas where flammable chemicals and vapors may occasionally be present.
We have eliminated the ballast normally associated with fluorescent fixtures which reduces overall weight and overall complexity of installation. There is no ballast in this unit and the includedÂ Â LED lamps have a 50,000+ hour service life, both of which result in extreme efficiency and greatly reduced maintenance costs. The solid state design of the LED lamps give this fixture superior resistance to damage from vibration, extremes in temperature and a lamp service life over twice that of standard fluorescent bulbs.
Unlike the glass tube design of traditional fluorescent lamps, these LED T-Style lamps have no filaments or fragile housings to break during operation. Instead of using a combination of gases to produce light, light emitting diodes (LEDs) use semi-conductive materials that illuminate when electric current is applied and emit light. The LED assembly is mounted to the "tube" constructed from extruded aluminum, with a polycarbonate lens protecting the LEDs. With LED lights, there is no warm up time or cool down time before re-striking and so they provide instant illumination when powered on, adding to the reliability of LED technology. By nature, LED light sources run significantly cooler than fluorescent lamps, reducing the chance of accidental burns and increased temperatures due to heat emissions. This solid state design of light emitting diodes provides a more reliable, stable, durable, and energy efficient light source over traditional fluorescent lighting.
The 28 watt LED lamps produce 30% more illumination than standard T8 bulbs while offering lower amp draw and increased reliability. Each lamp produces 3,500 lumens at 125 lumens per watt, for a combined 10,500 total lumen light output. An HAL-48-3L-BMSW hazardous location fluorescent light, with a combined total of 96 watts, draws 0.8 amps at 120 volts AC. This LED version of the same light, with a total of 84 watts, draws only 0.7 amps at 120 volts AC. This results in a lower amp draw while still providing increased reliability and light output.
The HAL-48-3L-LED-BMSW is universal voltage, not multi-tap, and operates on any voltage from 120V to 277V AC 50/60hz without any modifications. This includes commonly found voltages such as 120V 60Hz, 220V 50Hz, 240V 60Hz, and 277V 60Hz. We also make a 12/24V AC/DC version for low voltage applications for AC or DC power.
Standard Swivel Mounting Brackets:Â The light fixture mounts via two L shaped swiveling brackets. The angle of the bracket is set by tightening the nut and bolt on each bracket. The bolt and lock washer act as a set screw, securing the fixture in place once the position is set. The bracket itself is mounted via a single 3/8â€ bolt hole at the top the bracket. Once the brackets are mounted to a flat surface, the fixture can be pivoted by loosening the nut and bolt that hold the bracket to the fixture. This fixture allows 45Â° of pivot from the 90Â° point.
Suggested Applications:Â Aircraft maintenance, Oil drilling rigs, Refineries, Solvent and cleaning areas, Chemical manufacturing, Waste treatment plants, Gas processing plants, Offshore, Ships, Marine Applications.
|Energy Consumption Comparison
|Amp Draw @ 120V AC
|Amp Draw @ 220V AC
|Amp Draw @ 240V AC
|Amp Draw @ 277V AC
|Amp Draw @ 12V DC
|Amp Draw @ 24V DC
|Lamp Life Expectancy
||5000KÂ / 4100K
||4500K / 5600K
|Operation cost per year
(12hs/day @ 12c/kWh)
|Made in USA Quality
||Superior LED Benefits
1. Each unit dialectically tested.
2. Fixture arrives assembled and lamped to reduce installation time and cost. Adjustable mounting brackets enable the operator to choose any mounting angle for the fixture, where other models may only offer one or three choices.
3. Fixture constructed streamlined ribbed corrosion-resistant, copper free extruded aluminum body for better hear dissipation and extended ballast life.Â
4. Aluminum extruded lens frame for greater strength
5. Relamping done via 10 draw latches, which enable the operator to unlatch the lens and access the lamps.
6. Heavy gauge extruded aluminum reflectors with high gloss reflective finish. Resists dents and corrosion.
7. 1/2" or 3/4" threaded access hole for wiring conduit.Â
8. Units can be wired end to end in series.
1. 50,000 hour lifespan.
2. Can SAVE 50% or more on energy.
3. Qualifies retrofit projects for financial incentives, including utility rebates, tax credits and energy loan programs.
4. Reduces energy use and prolongs life-spans of peripheral cooling units (A/C, refrigeration)
5. 100% recyclable.
6. No toxins-lead, mercury.
7. No UV light, infrared radiation or CO2 emissions.
8. Qualifies buildings for LED and other sustainable business certifications.
9. Bright, even light maintains consistent color over time.
10. Instant on/off â€“ No flickering, delays or buzzing.Â
11. Very good color rendering.
12. Vibration/impact resistant.
13. Significantly cooler operation.
14. Less frequent outages, higher output improves workplace safety.