Made in the USA
The Larson Electronics HALP-48-2L-LED-NL Hazardous Area LED Light Fixture is U.S./Canada UL Listed Class 1 Division 2 Groups A, B, C and D, UL 1598A listed, and is specifically designed to handle the rigors of wet and corrosive marine environments. This hazardous location LED light has a T4 temperature rating and carries a United States Coast Guard approval, making it ideal for applications such as oil rigs, ships, offshore applications, petrochemical, manufacturing, chemical storage, and water treatment centers.
This four foot long, two lamp LED fixture is ideal for operators seeking a top quality hazardous location light that will reduce operating costs, improve lighting quality and reduce downtime incurred from frequent servicing intervals. The HALP-48-2L-LED-NL hazardous area LED light fixture is designed for use in wet areas and saltwater-marine environments where corrosion resistance is critical to equipment longevity and safety. This Class 1 Division 2 rated fixture is constructed of non-corrosive materials including a polyester housing reinforced with glass fiber, a poured in gasket for reliable sealing and an impact resistant acrylic diffuser. Eight corrosion resistant plastic latches secure the lamp cover to the housing and provide a firm lock against the poured in seal to prevent drips and water intrusion.
Please note: This fixture is designed to work with LED lamps. The HALP-48-2L-LED-NL model is sold WITHOUT LAMPS. This fixutre is setup with T8 tombstones and will function with 4` T8-style LED lamps with G13 end caps. LED lamps installed in the fixture must be listed by a NRTL. We offer this same fixture with out second generation 28 watt LED lamps.
The HALP-48-2L-LED-NL is UL 844 rated and Class 1 Division II, Groups A, B, C, D approved. This fixture also carries a UL 1598A outdoor marine rating and meets US Coast Guard specifications. This lamp offers the extreme durability, high efficiency and long lamp life of high power LEDs in a proven hazardous location fixture design, making it a reliable and affordable lighting solution for open areas where flammable chemicals and vapors may occasionally be present.
Unlike the glass tube design of traditional fluorescent lamps, these LED T-Style lamps have no filaments or fragile housings to break during operation. Instead of using a combination of gases to produce light, light emitting diodes (LEDs) use semi-conductive materials that illuminate when electric current applied and emitting light. The LED assembly is mounted to the "tube" constructed from extruded aluminum, with a polycarbonate lens protecting the LEDs. With LED lights, there is no warm up time or cool down time before re-striking and provide instant illumination when powered on, adding to the reliability of LED technology. By nature, LED light sources run significantly cooler than fluorescent lamps, reducing the chance of accidental burns and increased temperatures due to heat emissions. This solid state design of light emitting diodes provides a more reliable, stable, durable, and energy efficient light source over traditional fluorescent lighting.
Mounting Options:Â Unless otherwise specified, our standard, most popular configuration is the flange mount shown enlarged below. We also offer a pendant mount for those needing to suspend the fixture away from the ceiling surface (i.e. suspend from pipe or conduit). Additional mounting configurations can be customized to meet the requirements on the application. Please contact us for special mounting configurations.
Standard Flange Brackets:Â Flange type stainless steel mounts attached at each end of the fixture enables it to be simply secured to any surface. The mounts provide some shock absorbency protection while enabling the user to simply mount the fixture with the through-hole taps that protrude on each side of the fixture. The mounting holes are 38.25â€ on center apart along the top of this hazardous location light. The mounting holes are 7.2â€ on center across the top of the light.
Standard Suspension Mounting:Â Pendant mount fixtures hang from the ceiling and are suspended by rigid pipe. Each fixture is equipped with either two 1/2" or 3/4â€ NPT hubs, one on each end of the fixture. Operators bring rigid pipe down to the threaded mounting hubs. Wiring is fed down through the rigid pipe to one of the NPT hubs and tied in to the fixtureâ€™s lead wires, completing the electrical connection. The remaining pendant hub provides support for the opposite end of the fixture.
Suggested Applications: The HALP-48-2L-LED-NL is designed for marine, wet, damp locations where corrosion resistant fluorescent lights are required or are already present. This includes petrochemical facilities, lubrication pits, oil drilling rigs, crew quarters, solvent/cleaning areas, water treatment areas, processing plants and marine loading docks.
|Made in USA Quality
||Superior LED Benefits
1. Each unit dialectrically tested.
2. Fixture arrives assembled and lamped to reduce installation time and cost. Flange type stainless steel mounts attached at each end of the fixture enables it to be simply secured to any surface.
3. Fixture housing constructed of glass fiber reinforced polyester.
4. No ballast box. No ballast to replace. We simply run the black wire to one end of the bulb and white wire to the other.
5. Re-lamping done via 6 stainless steel snap locking latches which enables the operator to remove the door and access the lamps.
6. Lamp cover-diffuser constructed of high impact acrylic for corrosion resistance and lamp protection.
7. 1/2" or 3/4", threaded access hole for wiring conduit.
||1. 50,000 hour lifespan.
2. Can SAVE 50% or more on energy.
3. Qualifies retrofit projects for financial incentives, including utility rebates, tax credits and energy loan programs.
4. Reduces energy use and prolongs life-spans of peripheral cooling units (A/C, refrigeration)
5. 100% recyclable.
6. No toxins-lead, mercury.
7. No UV light, infrared radiation or CO2 emissions.
8. Qualifies buildings for LEED and other sustainable business certifications.
9. Bright, even light maintains consistent color over time.
10. Instant on/off â€“ No flickering, delays or buzzing.
11. Very good color rendering.
12. Vibration/impact resistant.
13. Significantly cooler operation.
14. Less frequent outages, higher output improves workplace safety.